Writing A Research Paper On Racism – 10 Topics To Choose From
Racism is a topic that may never go away in America (no matter how much we would want it to). Racism is so ingrained within the country’s history and currently that the plague (per se) and mindset will never diminish.
The opinions of why it is justifiable or unjustifiable have become so strong (on both sides) that people actually think it is right to enact (despite its negative results and connotations) and of course, it is wrong (which also have examples of where one would call it logical judgment).
In this list, we are going to discuss a ten great topics that you can cover with your research paper on racism.
- Discuss the history of racism from its very beginnings. (This includes how individuals were treated during its initial creation and how it was inhumane to do so.)
- In detail, how did racism have such an impact on blacks (during slavery times) that the majority of non-blacks seen no problem with it until it was almost too late?
- What is the definition of racism to you? (This can include the textbook definition in addition to how you interpret the word in your own opinion.)
- Have you personally experienced racism in any way (verbally or physically)? If so, explain that situation(s) and elaborate as much as you would like to divulge. This includes everything from your perception of racism before and after (including your feelings/emotions).
- What do you think about the current state of racism in today’s society?
- Do you believe that racism still exists in society today (despite that it may or may not be as obvious as it was during slavery times)?
- Does racism play a major role into how businesses operate today? (For example, do you think there are any businesses/industries that are racists towards specific races/skin tones?)
- How do you think we as a society can stop racism from continuing during our lifetime or at least in future generations?
- Do you believe that phrase “reverse racism” is a logical term that can be used or no?
- Has the phrase “culture appropriation” been blown out of proportion just because individuals want to complain about racism or does it have a legitimate leg to stand on?
Overall, this list is pretty detailed and intricate for anyone to write about. Nonetheless, you can expand on the topic(s) you choose as well to speak fro your own perspective at your leisure.